We produce barrel-aged dry wines from vinifera grapes. Our winemaking vision is bold wines which reflect harmony between fruit and oak.
Château Ross owns a total of 13 acres of vineyard property, including the Robertson County "home" vineyard and the White's Creek estate vineyard. Grape varieties being grown now include: Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Barbera and Chancellor.
Awards & Events
- We're getting ready to start bottling some of the 2005 and 2006 vintages, so if anyone's interested in "volunteering", just give us a call. We'll let you know exactly when that fun task begins
- Our new Rottie, Sarah, will be honored on a label of her own as soon as she's calm enough to sit still for a photo. At 4 months old (January 14th) she already weighs in at 48 pounds!
- Gu Vurtz Tra Weener, named after our other dog, Molly, is our fun and fabulous new white wine made from Gewürztraminer grapes. Look for it on local store shelves.
- Be sure and come see us and taste the 2008 vintages right out the barrel. They are absolutely delicious and we think you'll agree. Just remember - call us before you head our way - we may be out fishing!
- We hope the holidays were great for you. Ross and I wish you all the best for 2009. -Deborah Proctor